Centered in scholarship, piety, and justice, Memphis Theological seminary cultivates faith leaders in the way of Jesus within a hospitable and diverse community to serve the church and the world.
Memphis Theological Seminary pursues its mission so that Christian leaders and the churches they serve can effectively proclaim and embody God’s mission of redemption, justice, and peace in service to the new creation in Jesus Christ.
For more than a century and a half, Memphis Theological Seminary’s identity has been shaped by
- the traditions of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church, its parent denomination,
- its location in Memphis and the Mid-South region of the United States,
- creative partnership with the broader Christian community,
- a commitment to dialogue with people from other faith traditions, and
- participation in the community of higher education.