fbpx

As a Board Certified Chaplain at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital who has previously worked at West Cancer Center, MTS alum Noah Quinton is the perfect guide for MTS students embarking on the Center for Pastoral Wholeness and Chaplaincy Studies’ Chaplaincy Internship at West Cancer Center. As the Chaplain Internship Consultant, Noah led an orientation for the interns in which they discussed the basic roles of a chaplain, how to establish healthy professional boundaries, and other important information to help them guide their work as chaplain interns.

“Having worked at West, I also shared about what their visits might look like on a day-to-day basis, describing some of the situations they may encounter. CPWCS Direct Dr. Johnathan Jeffords and I will also do monthly check-ins with the interns, to create a space for processing and support. Johnny will also do more regular on-the-ground check-ins at West.”

Noah credits his time at MTS and his work as a chaplain at West Cancer Center with shaping his life in significant ways, both personally and professionally. “I am thrilled to be part of something that connects these two organizations,” Noah said. “I am very passionate about chaplaincy and supporting others who have an interest in the field, so it excites me to be able to share some of my experience, training, and insights with others.”

“Chaplaincy has often been a forgotten field for those exploring calls to ministry. But I think that has changed significantly in the past few years, and I’m grateful to be part of the work MTS is doing to support students exploring the field of chaplaincy.”