fbpx
Rev. Dr. Jody Hill, MTS President

Dear MTS Community, 
I think it is most fitting that our seminary observes our spring break each year during Holy Week. In this busy time of exams, papers, work, and sermons this is indeed a welcome respite for us to focus more intently upon the holiness of this season. 

A portion of an Old Testament lectionary reading for Holy Week states, “The Lord GOD has given me the tongue of a teacher, that I may know how to sustain the weary with a word” (Isaiah 50:4). The prophet says that one of the roles of the teacher is to sustain the weary with a word.

At MTS, our mission statement also uses the word “sustain” to describe one of the ways we seek to serve our students. In addition to educating students, we are passionate about sustaining you in life and ministry beyond the classroom as alums and members of our wider community.

It’s a blessing for us to journey with you in your theological education. I pray that the coming Holy Week indeed sustains you with the life-giving love of our Lord Jesus Christ as we remember His passion and celebrate His glorious resurrection. 

Holy Week Blessings, 

Rev. Dr. Jody Hill
MTS President