1) a letter of approval from an appropriate official of the student’s denomination or church,
2) a statement of plans for service or ministry in the country of origin,
3) certification of proficiency in the English language through the submission of a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score (minimum 550 on the written test, or 213 on the computer test), and a Test of Written English (TWE) score. The TOEFL code number for MTS is 1462,
4) evidence of financial resources for educational and living expenses for the period of study planned (financial institutions listed below),
5) proof of adequate funds for travel to and from the U.S.,
6) proof of health insurance with a U.S. insurer.
7) provide your passport to complete your application.
The final deadline for international student applications for the fall semester is July 10, and for the spring semester is December 10.
We do offer a few tuition scholarships for those prospective International students that qualify, however, our funds are limited, so you should apply as soon as possible. All living expenses (ex. food, housing, clothing, etc.) are the responsibility of the student.
Bank of America – 1-315-724-4022
Wells Fargo Bank – 00-800-86935577
Regions Bank – 1-800-458-5890
First Tennessee Bank – 1-901-272-5359
We appreciate your interest in Memphis Theological Seminary. The MTS admissions staff is committed to supporting you in your theological journey. We are here to help you while you are discerning your call, considering degree and certificate options, and supporting you as you do ministry in the real. At MTS we are committed to educating and sustaining men and women for ordained and lay ministry in the church and the world through shaping and inspiring lives devoted to scholarship, piety, and justice. Please don’t hesitate to ask how we can assist you along in your journey.
Rev. Fekecia Gunn
Director, Enrollment Services
Fekecia is a graduate of The University of Tulsa (2004) and of Memphis Theological Seminary (2012). She currently serves as Youth Minister at St. Andrew AME Church in Memphis, TN.
Rev. Dr. Felecia R. LaVant