Cost of Tuition and Fees
MDiv, MACM, & MAYM Programs
- Application Fee: $45
- Tuition: $580 per credit hour (the majority of classes are 3 credit hours each)
- Activity Fee: $80 per semester
Doctor of Ministry Program
- Application Fee: $60
- Tuition: $560 per credit hour
- Activity Fee: $100 per semester
Drug and Alcohol Addiction Counseling Certificate
- Admission Application Fee $45
- Tuition $580 per credit hour
Netters Certificate Program
- Application Fee: $15
- Tuition: $400 per course ($200 per course for students over age 65)
- Admission Application Fee $15
- Tuition $400 per course ($200 per course for up to two courses for MTS Alumni or for persons over 65 years of age)
A fee of $45 will be assessed per transaction when students drop and/or add a class. Exceptions must be approved by Academic Affairs.
We appreciate your interest in Memphis Theological Seminary. The MTS admissions staff is committed to supporting you in your theological journey. We are here to help you while you are discerning your call, considering degree and certificate options, and supporting you as you do ministry in the real world. At MTS we are committed to educating and sustaining men and women for ordained and lay ministry in the church and the world through shaping and inspiring lives devoted to scholarship, piety, and justice. Please don’t hesitate to ask how we can assist you along in your journey.
Rev. Byron Forester
Byron is a graduate of Bethel College (1974) and of Memphis Theological Seminary (2007). He serves as pastor of the Newbern, TN Cumberland Presbyterian Church and the Roellen, TN Cumberland Presbyterian Church. Byron spends Monday mornings as a volunteer at Manna House, a place of hospitality for poor and unsheltered people, He and wife, Michelle Brown have three daughters. They live five blocks from MTS.