fbpx

+ Where are you in your MTS journey? Where are you from? What church connections and/or leadership positions should we know about?

I am Juan M. Cabezas, from Cali-Colombia. My family and I have been in Memphis, Tennessee, for nine years. I am a member and ordained elder of Faith CPC, Bartlett, and a licensed candidate for ministry from the Cornerstone Presbytery, providing pulpit supply in Comunidad de Amor y Fe Church. I am in the fourth year of the MDiv program at MTS.

+ What led you to your work as a chaplain? What personal connection do you have to this kind of work?

The Chaplaincy Internship at West Cancer Center is an excellent opportunity to explore another field of ministry. Chaplaincy is a whole new understanding of service, and it is significant because it deepens relationships built across different settings.

+ What would you tell someone who is interested in or discerning a call to chaplaincy?

Serving as a Chaplain Intern at West Cancer Center has been a great experience in my personal and spiritual journey that will enhance my formation as a minister. Even though this is my first experience in the role of a chaplain, I encourage my classmates to explore chaplaincy as an opportunity for ministry and the possibility to discover other ways to serve and have a ministry that positively impacts our community.