DOCTOR OF MINISTRY
The Doctor of Ministry (DMin) degree is available for ministers who have a Master of Divinity degree from an accredited seminary and who desire a higher level of competence in the practice of ministry. Designed to increase the ability of servant leaders to analyze and reform ministry and to empower constituents for discipleship in the world, it is the highest degree in the practice of ministry.
Doctor of Ministry Tracks:
Memphis Theological Seminary offers three tracks or courses of study in the D. Min. program:
- Leadership in Ministry, designed primarily for persons who are serving in a ministerial role and want to enhance their competence as leaders.
- Faith and Health, which seeks to reclaim the intersection of faith and health, and assist learners to reflect on individual, congregational, communal and global wellness through a scholarly consideration of the benefits, elements, and complexities of faith and health.
- Theology & Arts, which seeks to help persons grow in the ability to think and reflect theologically and to integrate arts and ministry with biblical, theological, historical and pastoral disciplines.
The Doctor of Ministry curriculum seeks to accomplish the following:
- Students will refine the theological basis for ministry in their area of specialization and will contribute to the body of knowledge as it relates to the practice of ministry by completing a ministry project reflecting their theological basis for ministry and their understanding of sound research.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and attitudes on issues related to the student’s context of ministry.
- Students will demonstrate ministry skills at an advanced level of professional competency and demonstrate new skills in leadership, vision, conflict management, care systems, and/or other strategies for accomplishing effective ministry.
- Students will think, plan, and act creatively in transcending traditional approaches to ministry by the use of innovative concepts and methods.
Adriane has had a vibrant career in admissions for over ten years. Serving and placing students is her highest priority. She is passionate about her faith, family and encouraging others. Adriane is a native Memphian, with several ties to the community. She grew up just blocks away from MTS..
Rev. Byron Forester
Byron is a graduate of Bethel College (1974) and of Memphis Theological Seminary (2007). He serves as pastor of the Newbern, TN Cumberland Presbyterian Church and the Roellen, TN Cumberland Presbyterian Church. Byron spends Monday mornings as a volunteer at Manna House, a place of hospitality for poor and unsheltered people, He and wife, Michelle Brown have three daughters. They live five blocks from MTS.