The decision to pursue a seminary education is an important one, and the Housing Office is available and committed to assist you with your housing needs and what for many of you will be a transition to a new climate.
MTS Commuter Housing:
The Seminary owns a group of duplexes located on the MTS campus. Students are able to rent a shared room on the same night(s) in each week for the whole term. Each side of the duplex has two bedrooms, kitchen (some cooking items supplied), bath, and living/dining room, and is equipped with a stove, refrigerator, microwave, air conditioning, heat and a washer and dryer. Wifi is available (ask facilities for pass code).
Commuter housing is on a first come first serve basis.
- Student housing is charged at $30.00 per night. Ex…Fall Semester would be charged at $30.00 per night for 14 weeks for one night a week. This means that a one night stay per week would cost $420.00. Two nights would be $840.00 and so on. Extra nights are charged at $30.00 per night. This $30.00 per night rate also applies to other classes held on campus that may require an overnight stay. If a private room is requested and available the charge will be $45.00 per night with the same calculation applied. Charges are placed on your student account and are due and payable in advance of your stay. If you wish to request a refund, please fill out the Request for Refund form or see the facilities office for a written request form. Requests will only be granted with the Refund Request form.
- Your key is obtained through the Facilities & Safety Department. Failure to return the key at the end of each of your stays (terms, Mdiv, etc., will result in a $25 charge to your student account for changing of locks and keys.
- The Seminary furnishes utilities, phone, TV, and internet connection.
- You will need to provide your own linens, food, and other personal items needed during your stay.
- Personal belongings must be removed at the end of your stay (linens can be bagged and placed in closet with your name).
- Students in commuter housing can expect to share a room with another student of the same gender.
- There will be no smoking inside of commuter housing. There are designated smoking areas.
- No pets are allowed.
- If, at the time of application, a room is not available, your name will be placed on a waiting list.
- No Co-ed housing is allowed.
- Check-in time is between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Checkout time is by 1:00 p.m.
- There is no parking on the grass. Parking on grass will result in a citation and /or fine.
Student Housing Keys
When a student cannot be present for class due to campus closure or illness (doctor’s letter required), a credit will be applied to your account. For those two reasons, we are able to extend the credit. Otherwise, we will be unable to credit your account because your room has been reserved just for you. In order to receive a credit, please contact us at email@example.com or call the Facilities Office @ 901-334-5870.
Student Housing Office
Memphis Theological Seminary
168 E. Parkway South
Memphis, TN 38104-4395