Responding to the call through scholarship, piety, and justice.
Kaleo is a one-year mentoring program that will seek to help youth ages 16-19 discern and discover their specific call by God and how they can live it out in the real world. This program will consist of a year-long mentoring process that includes regular meetings with a mentor, a five-day immersion experience that includes meeting on the campus of Memphis Theological Seminary and exploring the city of Memphis, TN and a project designed and implemented by the participant based around their responding to their call.
The program is a partnership with Memphis Theological Seminary and the Discipleship Ministry Team and Pastoral Development Team of the Cumberland Presbyterian Church.
How to apply for the program?
The online application is located in the sidebar of this web page. Below are some important tips to keep in mind before filling out application:
- Applicant should have insurance information at hand.
- Applicant should have three references with current email addresses in mind to submit with application.
- Applicant will be answering a few short answer questions and should allow time to answer well.
- If applicant is still a dependant the parent/guardian will be sent a consent form to sign and return.
- Participant must be 16 – 19 years old by January 1, 2017
- Participant must be active in their church or denomination
- Participant must commit to meeting with their assigned mentor regularly
- Participant must work along side mentor in accomplishing work assignments
- Participant must attend five-day immersion experience July 15 – 19, 2017 in Memphis, TN